From LDS Sunday School
Amaziah ("strengthened by God") was the name of several individuals in the Hebrew Bible.
- Amaziah of Judah, the king of Judah.
- A Levite, son of Hilkiah, of the descendants of Ethan the Merarite (1 Chronicles 6:45).
- A priest of the golden calves at Bethel (Amos 7:10-17).
- The father of Joshah, one of the leaders of the tribe of Simeon in the time of Hezekiah (1 Chr. 4:34).
- Amaziah (priest in Israel), a priest at the time of Amos who refused Amos' prophecies, and asked him to leave.